JETS stands for Junior Entertainment Talent Slate and unites 1st, 2nd and 3rd feature film filmmakers with South African, Norwegian, Irish, Canadian, German, Austrian, British and US producers, sales agents, finance and distribution companies during a pitching session with the aim of Co-Production during the International Film Festival Berlin 2022 (venue to be announced at later date). 20 – 24 projects from filmmakers will be selected for the JETS Initiative.
The JETS Co-Production Initiative organised by WEP Productions & JETS Filmverleih & Vertrieb (Distribution) is funded and supported by NFVF South Africa, Screen Ireland, Telefilm Canada, nordmedia, ÖFI-Austrian Film Institute, Filminvest Norway, HessenFilm & Medien.
Conditions of Participation:
- Projects can be submitted by a producer/director team from the following countries: South Africa, Norway, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Austria and UK. The producer/director team must be in their first 6 years of their film/TV career. An exception can be granted to the Producer: She/he can have up to 10 years experience in the film business and/or has only produced a maximum of two feature length films.
- All projects submitted must be fictional films (feature film length animation incl.) that are still in the project development or financing stage. Completed films will be not accepted. All projects must have a duration of 80 minutes or more.
- Producers/directors wanting to participate in the JETS Initiative must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “JETS 2022 + name of submitting person and country” including supporting materials (see page 3) by the 10th of December 2021.
- Each producer/director team must ensure to supply safe links of previous work i.e. short films, commercials, 1st or 2nd feature film (in case you supply a project that should be considered as your 3rd feature film production). These should be password-protected.
- If the script should not be in the English language, the filmmakers must supply a three page treatment in English.
- The total Co-Production budget for one project may range from € 300,000 to € 3,000,000. The maximum budget for a 1st feature film project should preferably not exceed € 1,000,000.
- Only projects with complete information can be considered for the pre- selection process.
Materials to be submitted via email
Must be included:
- Producer/Director CV’s and contact details (Name, Address, Phone number, email)
- Any other creative crew members attached
- Web links to previous work from the Producer and Director
- Statement if it is 1st, 2nd or 3rd feature film project
- Advanced Script Draft of story submitted
- Treatment (3 pages), if script is not written in the English language
- A detailed Synopsis
- Cast Propositions / Letters of Intent (if available)
- A basic production and marketing plan
- Budget calculation (estimate)
Additional Material if applicable:
- Financing Plan
- Any third party partners involved?
- Any other relevant supporting material
- All materials must be submitted in English. If the original script is not in the English language, a three pages treatment in English must be supplied. All participants must be aware that they have to translate/rewrite their script in the English language, if their project should fall under selected ones by the Jury.
- All materials have to be numerical assigned and clearly labelled. If all materials are submitted in one pdf document, please ensure that you include a table of contents.
- The 20-24 projects with high potentiality of development and realisation will be selected by WEP Productions.
- WEP Productions has the right to include projects by invitation.
- All projects submitted will be treated confidential. Once a project is selected, the filmmakers agree to allow WEP Productions to publicise the participation of their project and its representatives at the JETS event on any platform or media where appropriate.
- The selected projects will be published on the website www.wepfilms.com in the news section by the 6th of January 2022 and the filmmakers will be contacted by email.
- Once your project has been selected you must confirm your attendance latest via email by the 14th of January 2022. If you fail to do so you will be not able to attend the JETS Initiative as we will select a runner up project instead.
- The materials of the selected 20 – 24 projects will be send out to a participating industry Jury of 12-16 members who will be able to have an insight of each project before the actual event.
- Each accepted producer/director team has to make a 5-minute film project pitch to the jury members and other participating peers on the event day.
- Each producer/director team will receive a summary of each accepted project for the JETS Initiative. Each team will preselect three other participating teams as potential Co-Production partners for an exchange talk (15-20 minutes) monitored by one or two jury members on the day.
- Each producer/director team will receive feedback on their project by the jury members.
- The 12-16 Jury members will decide at the end of the day which 6-10 film projects are best to be pursued and considered for possible financing/ funding.
- Participants of the JETS event must pay for travel, accommodation and if desired for their accreditation with Berlinale or the EFM themselves.
- A small reimbursement of €150 for each team person will be paid out on the day of attendance.
- Please be aware that English will be the main language of communication and all participants should have a good to excellent command of the English language.
- As part of the JETS 2022 Initiative you are cordially invited to attend the breakfast networking event on Wednesday the 16th of February 2022 where you can continue project discussions with other participating filmmakers. (venue to be announced at later date)
GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation)
We are letting you know that your information is safe with us and we will not forward or share any of your informations except as described in the additional points below. Your personal data (email and/or name, contact number) will only be used for the purposes of the JETS programme and the wider network of the JETS Initiative to ensure collaborations and co- productions between filmmakers and professionals of the film & TV industry.
- We need to share your personal and project data with the selected JETS jury members, other participating filmmakers and for internal project evaluations. By applying to the JETS Initiative you give us automatically your consent for doing this.
- We use your data for statistical purposes in relation to the JETS programme only, as we need to supply them to our funders and partners
- We will use your name and any information related to your project (e.g. company name and project title) to reveal you as a participant and possible winner of the JETS Initiative for marketing purposes in all media, specifically on the funders’ and our own website
- Regarding our social media announcements we will restrict your data to only project title and first name.
- As part of our JETS network we will send you from time to time a reminder of our JETS events and other relevant partner events.
- If for some reason you do not wish to receive further information about our or partner network events after you participated at the JETS Initiative, please inform us per email so that we can opt you out.
Further important notice
Every project and filmmaker team participating at JETS must take note to end credit JETS in the THANK YOU SECTION as supported by the Junior Entertainment Talent Slate (JETS Initiative) when going into production. In addition each filmmaker team with their project attending the JETS Initiative will be eligible to be considered for JETS distribution for the German European speaking territories – subject to contract arrangement with WEP FILMS.